Winner of 33 national journalism awards including the Society of Professional Journalists Sigma Delta Chi Awards,
APEX Grand Awards; National Press Club award, Newsletter Publishers Foundation Awards; Magnum Opus Awards.
SIPA credentialed. A member of the Society of Professional Journalists and Investigative Reporters and Editors.
- Scoop mishap injures two in new CONSOL Harvey Mine (469)
- Runaway blast truck pins miner (471)
- ALJ upholds specially assessed penalty for truck accident at Justice mine (471)
- Signal Peak settles accident citations (472)
- Black Lung: Solutions sought for black benefits issues, including backlog (473)
- Worker electrocuted in dredge pond at Murray Mines (475)
- Truck driver killed by loader at Brooksville South Cement Plant in Florida (476)
- Lifting of unsecured pipe led to death at Baillio Sand Mine (477)
- Mystery remains in fatal fall of bulldozer over highwall at Jim Bridger (479)
- ALJ imposes $21,000 fine for violation where miner killed in ‘red zone’ (482)
- Matich settles accident citations where steel tube fell and hit miner driving a skid steer loader (483)
- Federal Tort Claims Act: Aracoma settlement reached; calls for fire safety training at Mine Academy (484)
- Inspections: Impact visits spotlight dozens of infractions at sand and cement operations (485)
- Jurisdiction: MSHA has jurisdiction over coal facility that stores, dries, screens and bags coal (489)
- Liability: Case remanded to ALJ to recalculate civil penalties against mine owner (490)
- Review Commission Orders and ALJ Decisions (492)
Single issues of Mine Safety and Health News are available for purchase for $30. We accept Visa, Master Card and Discover Card. You may request a copy by emailing us at: MineSafety@aol.com. Yearly subscriptions are available for $625/yr. Corporate discounts allowing copying rights for entire companies are available.
MSHA hotline for immediately reportable accidents, CPR for any reason, imminent danger or hazardous conditions: 800-746-1553 (call within 15 minutes of accident)